Thinking of how and where to get rid of your unwanted items? Feeling pity to throw them into the trash bin? or just to give them away?
Now, come and visit the Honesty Shop in Southern University College, contribute your unwanted items, give them a brand new life and play a role in helping the students in need and on environmental conservation!
What is Honesty Shop?
Malaysia's very first Honesty Shop was established during the year of 2012, under the guidance of Prof. Tang Chew Peng. The Honesty Shop serves the educational purposes of being honest, where each transaction is done without any surveillances. No shopkeepers and no surveillance camera! It is all about Honesty! Here, you could bring your unwanted stuffs, give them a price and sell them. Every item you've contribute might become others' collection and every funds that were collected from the shop would be used as tuition grants to help students who are in need. So, it's killing three birds with one stone! Besides, you could also buy your stuffs according to your evaluation on value of the items! And remember No Shopkeepers and No Surveillance Camera keeping an eye on you! It's all about Honesty! So it's worry-free!
How can I contribute?
1. Prepare everything that you don't want anymore but useable. You could also design a product of your own by using recyclables.
2. Visit our shop at the address below,
PTD 64888, 15 KM,
P.O. Box 76 , Skudai ,
Johor , Malaysia ,
3. Find an ideal spot and label them with a price you think it's worth of it.
1. Get something that you love.
2. Evaluate its value. You can either pay according to the price labeled by the previous owner or pay according to what you think of it SHOULD BE.
3. Drop your cash and you are ready to go.
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle and REDEFINE!
We would like you to redefine the old but useable items, give them a new purpose and a new owner to lengthened their life. Your action might not only change the life of that item and you'll also change the life of the needy students.